You’ve taken a note of an important call from one of your patients, but have somehow misplaced it. What do you do now? You won’t ever have to worry about that stress-inducing scenario again if you follow our advice and start recording phone calls at your practice.
We’re going to run through five crucial reasons why recording every phone call that comes into your surgery will only benefit you in the long term. If you want to make sure you keep your patients satisfied, pay close attention to the benefits a recording system will provide you.
Once you’ve gotten to grips with those, feel free to check out the amazing call recording and logging services which have already transformed hundreds of surgeries across the country for the better.
1. Patient satisfaction
Nothing should be more of a priority for your practice than keeping your patients happy. Introducing a system to record phone calls throughout the day will help things run more efficiently.
A natural by-product of that is patients dealt with in a timelier and more personal manner. They’ll benefit from the experience in a number of ways, including:
- More personalised contact with the practice – with messages recorded, staff will be able to respond directly to the exact points a patient might have made.
- Quicker response times – having a call recorded means all the information is sitting on a platter for staff. They won’t have to go searching for much background data (other than possibly medical records). This allows them to reach out and reply almost instantly having heard the message.
- Easier in the future – when dealing with the same patient somewhere down the line, staff will be able to look back to previous chat logs and address concerns promptly. The additional information needed to deal with the contemporary problem is there as a shortcut in the old calls. This makes the process easier for everyone.
Keeping patients happy is half the battle for a practice. Taking this step to boost the chances of their satisfaction rates is certainly well worth your time and a smart investment.
2. No information lost
By keeping a log of recorded calls, you’re effectively guaranteeing you won’t lose any precious information which might become a necessity somewhere down the line. This can be a godsend for practices in the long run.
Filing documents was a decent enough practice during the 20th century, but the turn of the millennia has beckoned in an age where digital storage has proven itself the far superior option.
Just some of the benefits you’ll experience through using a call recording system include:
- No data loss – with everything stored in the form of audio files, you can make a backup and ensure no important information is ever accidentally discarded.
- Saving money – it might not even cross your mind, but keeping everything stored digitally means you’ll be able to save a small fortune on office supplies.
- Easily transferable data – at the click of a button, you’ll be able to shift information across a variety of platforms. This speedy process is not possible with traditional filing.
In a sector as sensitive as medicine, it’s imperative nothing gets lost. Employing a call recording system goes a long way to ensuring this end goal.
3. Monthly reports
As a practice, weekly and monthly meetings are part and parcel of ensuring things continue to run smoothly. What more could you ask for when it comes to your phone system than the exact same type of process?
Some companies offer this service as an add-on when you start using their phones. A monthly report is produced which details information like:
- Cost reports
- Management reports
- Service updates
- Efficiency reports
This additional service is not something you’ll receive with manual filing, and allows you the chance to take a thorough look at every aspect the phone system – something which you might otherwise overlook or neglect.
4. Useful for training
Have you ever been on a call with a company, only to hear them kick things off with a message telling you they might record the conversation and use it for training purposes at a later date?
It’s a message which we don’t really think about, but, in reality, it has a massive positive impact on those industries. By recording every phone call that comes into your practice, you’ll be able to train new staff in dealing with every type of query they might face.
During this type of ears-on training, you’ll be able to teach your new staff some very important lessons, such as:
- How to deal with an agitated or excited patient
- The correct cadence and tone to adopt on the phone
- What to do in an emergency situation
- General processes which they’ll be dealing with on a daily basis
While you might have to inform your patients their calls are being recorded for this purpose, it’s a trivial price to pay for creating a resource from which hundreds of employees can learn from in the future.
5. Database integration
Keeping everything in the same location certainly has its benefits. By recording all phone calls, you’re making sure you have an audio file copy of every conversation that’s taken place.
These are now able to be freely transferred across your wider network. The ability to so easily move important data throughout the practice again has many benefits:
- Heightened security – with everything being transferred digitally, there are more measures which can be put in place to prevent valuable information being leaked or lost.
- Faster access – you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for from any computer in the practice, with all this data stored in an internal system.
- Linked data – by integrating all of your information into one place, you’ll be able to create unique folders for individual patients. This will contribute to making things drastically simpler for all involved.
Keeping your data stored in one location is a clever way of guaranteeing things are as easy as possible for you and your staff.
If you’re interested in making things flow more smoothly by bringing in a system to record phone calls in the future, feel free to get in touch with the Premier Patient Line team. We work hard to ensure practices are equipped to the best of their abilities. Make the most of our ISO 9000 accredited Panasonic phone systems, and boost practice efficiency today.