The importance of a secure and reliable telephony connection in a GP surgery is more important in the 21st Century than it has ever been before. When you consider the vast amounts of private data that travel across the phone and Internet network (including patient personal details, prescriptions and appointments), having a system in place that’ll protect your data is of paramount importance.
This is where Premier’s private wide area network (PWAN) comes into the equation. Our PWAN service puts resilience at its core, with the selection of data centre locations and providers chosen specifically to reflect this.
“Whilst BT networks have been known to fail in recent times, our managed customers have not been affected by outages.”
It’s also important to note that Premier’s customers have a single point of contact for any connectivity issues. In a recent customer satisfaction survey, over 95% of Premier Patient Line customers said they were satisfied the fault they logged had been completely resolved.
With Premier’s PWAN service:
- Enjoy a secure and encrypted network
- Suitable for voice and data services
- Reduce support and maintenance costs
- Have a scalable solution that will be managed centrally
- Multiple surgeries can be linked together
- Data can be exchanged some 35% faster than VPNs
- Documents and patient info can be accessed as quickly as with a LAN connection
- A home office can be incorporated into the solution
There are a number of reasons to choose PWAN for your surgeries’ telephony solution. Take a look at the following advantages to help make your mind up.
- Increased security: Premier’s PWAN solution includes added layers of security as a result of end-to-end control of call traffic to BT Wholesale. This means there is no need for call traffic to pass publically across the Internet. There is no need for VPNs at all between Premier Patient Line’s managed services. This is because the different surgeries can be connected into the PWAN and configured to communicate privately with one another. This is another layer of control to what is a comprehensive networking solution.
- Completely scalable: Scalability is vital when it comes to your telecommunications, allowing your surgery to extend or reduce reach simply and securely. Our scalable network will ensure your business has the room it needs to grow, without holding back your telecommunications potential.
- Excellent features: Premier’s PWAN telephony solution enjoys a number of key features that’ll make life much easier for your specific GP surgery, saving you time, whilst offering patients the best possible facility. This includes:
1. Multi-site environment:
Multiple GP sites can be connected to one central system, helping to reduce costs and ensuring each location receives the same top level security, protecting data and call traffic.
2. One point of contact:
As Premier is your single point of contact, your surgery will be able to save both time and money when dealing with any connectivity issues. We offer a 24/7 support to ensure your system is up and running when you need it most.
Who is Premier’s PWAN service ideal for?
The PWAN solution is perfect for surgeries either replacing their older technologies, or considering a completely new system.
“It’s perfect for companies dealing with large-scale levels of secure and private data – such as health organisations (including GP Surgeries and medical practices).”
All issues are managed by the experienced Premier team, so by choosing us you have the peace of mind any technical difficulties or queries will be dealt with swiftly.
This ensures your practice doesn’t suffer sustained periods of downtime. This is a solution that our competitors simply aren’t able to offer, so if you want to enjoy a first-class telephony network that’s both secure and reliable, simply pick up the phone and speak to the team.
Premier Patient Line is committed to helping health centres of all shapes and sizes. Find out more about how our PWAN service could suit your surgery needs and make sure to contact us today for further inquiries.
Click here to download the PWAN brochure – PWAN BROCHURE